Here, your voice matters.
Part of AuSM's mission is ensuring that our laws and public policies support individuals and families living with autism. This is why AuSM is committed to being your voice at the Minnesota legislature as well as creating public policy by maintaining a presence on key committees, task forces, and organizations. Please act on alerts, letting decision-makers know that the Minnesota autism community is active, engaged and ready to speak out.
If you would like to join the AuSM Advocacy Committee, please click here for a volunteer form.
AuSM Advocacy Quick Links
2016 Advocacy Issues
- Monitoring Olmstead Plan implementation
- Reducing or eliminating parental fees for families on TEFRA
- Monitoring implementation of Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Services Benefit
- Supporting Best Life Alliance (previously 5% campaign)
- Promoting training for paraprofessionals, direct support providers, parents and advocates
- Eliminating “Zero Tolerance” rules in schools
- Supporting adequate funding for special education
- Expanding self-directed employment and adult services through consumer direction
AuSM's Advocay Committee will participate in the following committees in 2016:
- Restrictive Procedures (MDE)
- Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Services Benefit (DHS)
- Community First Services & Supports (DHS)
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities Grassroots Committee
- The Arc Minnesota Public Policy Committee