For elementary-age students, teens and adults
Led by ASD experts, AuSM social skills classes foster self-awareness and self-esteem while participants learn how to make friends, fit into a group, take part in conversations, ask appropriate questions, and have fun. Building social skills using the participants’ special interests, AuSM Social Skills classes offer a low-stress, accepting environment that encourages learning and growth.
AuSM Social Skills Program Goals:
- Building a lifetime of confidence and ease in communicating needs, feelings and ideas in social settings.
- Increasing understanding of others' needs, feelings and ideas.
- Developing and understanding appropriate behaviors and responses to situations in social settings.
- Practicing skills that make these goals possible.
AuSM Social Skills class participants must be group ready: able to demonstrate self-care skills without assistance; able to follow adult direction; show readiness for large group participation, including the ability to remain with the group at all times; and able to follow safety rules independently.
Click on the links below to learn more about the 2014-2015 AuSM Social Skills classes.
- Como Zoo Skills for Elementary Students Ages 8-12 & Teens Ages 13-18
- AuSM Job Skills for Ages 16-24
- ComedySportz Improv Skills for Ages 14-26
- AuSM On the Town for Ages 14-26
Thank you, catalog advertisers:
Allegra Downtown St. Paul
Autism Advocacy & Law Center, LLC
Children's Theatre Company
Hamline University School of Education
Homeopathy Center of Minnesota
Mary T. Inc.
Midwest Special Services, Inc.
Metropolitan Airports Commission
Minnesota Life College
Stages Theatre Company
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development
University of St. Thomas College of Education, Leadership & Counseling
AuSM Cancellation Policy
Notification of cancellation: If a class is cancelled or postponed, AuSM will attempt to notify you via phone, using the phone number provided with your registration. We also will post notice of cancellations and postponements on www.ausm.org.
Cancellation by program organizer: AuSM reserves the right to cancel a class due to low registrations or other circumstances that make the class non-viable. If AuSM cancels a class, registrants will be offered a full refund. If the class is postponed, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same class at the new, future date.