The Glencoe EAA Chapter 92 presents Free Airplane Rides for children ages 7-17 with special needs.
When: Saturday, June 1, 2013
Time: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Where: Glencoe Municipal Airport
Free hot dogs, chips, cookies and beverages are included during this special event. Availability is limited. Sign up quickly! Be sure to let us know the number of people flying, ages and preferred flight time. Trusted companions are encouraged to ride along, too. Even if you don't wish to fly, please come and enjoy the other activities. Click here to view the event flyer.
For more information about the Young Eagles program, click here. All pilots and aircraft flying have currency and licensing requirements up to date.
WACOSA is hosting the first annual “Opening Doors” Conference, this year featuring James Emmett, Corporate Disability Consultant and Founder of the Social Coaching Institute. This conference is ideal for individuals and professionals who wish to increase community employment opportunities and enhance placement and job coaching services for individuals with employment barriers, especially adults with autism.
June 26, 2013
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
100 4th Ave. S.
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Deadline for registration: June10, 2013
Cost: $79 (includes training, lunch, refreshments and snacks)
For more information
Click here to visit the event website.
Walker Fieldhouse at Hamline University
St. Paul, MN
During 2012, iCan Shine (formerly, Lose The Training Wheels) partnered with local organizations and individuals, we refer to as our program ‘hosts’, to conduct over 90 iCan Bike programs in 32 States and 2 Provinces in Canada serving nearly 2,500 individuals with disabilities. The impact of learning to ride a bicycle, and our high level of success in helping individuals with disabilities accomplish this feat, continues to drive demand for our programs and fuel our growth.
Approximately 80% of the individuals who participate in our iCan Bike programs ride a two-wheel bicycle independently by the end of our five-day programs. The other 20% of these individuals make tremendous progress towards this goal and leave our programs accompanied by parents and/or siblings trained as ‘spotters’ to pick up where we leave off!
The camp is for individuals with a disability who are motivated to independently ride a bike. While the Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota is hosting the camp, the camp is not limited to individuals with Down Syndrome. Camp information lists the camper parameters and readiness indicators.
July 21, 2013
Session: July 22-26, 2013
Families with autism: Exercise your right to be fit & have fun at this FREE event!
Minneapolis Police, Special Olympics Minnesota and the Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) have partnered to create an awareness event for communities serving children with autism. Families will have the opportunity to interact with Minneapolis police officers while playing sports facilitated by Special Olympics staff.
Enjoy this chance to meet other families with autism, build relationships with local police and access community autism resources.
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Registration Opens: 9 a.m.
Activities: 9:30-11 a.m.
Free lunch (preregistration is required) and closing ceremonies (including badges for all participants!): 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Location: Minneapolis Police Special Operations Center 4119 Dupont Ave, North Minneapolis, MN
Ages: All ages are welcome. Activities will be set up and staffed to accommodate children with autism and their siblings, ages 6 and up.
Sports Offered: Indoor Basketball & Soccer. Outdoor T-Ball & Bocce Ball (weather permitting)