AuSM provides autism training tailored to the needs of your organization or business. Obtaining knowledge - to relate to your students, to support the needs of your staff, to improve interaction with your clients - leads to success.
Training can include, but is not limited to: Autism 101, challenging behavior solutions, staff training/awareness, early identification and intervention, and social skills training. AuSM will work with you to create a training program based on your goals and will train in the location you designate. Having a staff training or day of learning planned? AuSM's Autism Training can be a part of your program.
Click here to view the AuSM Autism Training information.
Who can benefit from AuSM's Autism Training?
- Group Homes
- School Districts
- Summer Program Staff
- Community Centers
- Child Care Centers (click here for information about Discovery for Childcare Providers)
- In-Home Daycare Providers (click here for more infomation about Discovery for Childcare Providers)
- College Campus Disability Services
- Community Businesses
- Corporations (click here for more information about autism and employment)
- First Responders (click here for more information about emergency preparedness)
- Anyone Who Works Directly with Individuals with Autism
Woodbury Police Officer appreciates autism training
I just wanted to express my appreciation for your agency’s involvement in autism awareness and commitment to public education. I had the opportunity recently to attend a presentation by Paramedic Ernie Roettger on the topic of autism awareness and emergency management. I have had the pleasure of working directly with Ernie and am well aware of his ability focus his presentation to his audience. Ernie is a dynamic presenter and has an innate ability to bring personal experience to the presentation that solidifies his message.
I have been approached by numerous officers, some with decades of law enforcement experience, that after having attended the presentation that spoke highly of Ernie’s presentation. In the past, our education on the topic has been limited to video presentations which are dry and do not convey the personal impact that Ernie does.
Please feel free to share WPD’s appreciation for the work Ernie does for HCMC EMS and awareness for Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Scott McCafferty, Police Officer - Paramedic
City of Woodbury Public Safety
AuSM Autism Training Participants
- Anoka Community Education
- The Arc Minnesota
- Best Buy
- Community Child Care Center
- Como Zoo
- Dakota County Technical Center (DCTC)
- Learning Rx
- Merrick, Inc.
- Metropolitan Airports Commission
- Minneapolis Way to Grow
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Resource Center
- Minnesota Social Service Association
- Norman County Schools
- Opportunity Partners
- Positively Minnesota
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- St. Paul Fire Department
- Wells Fargo
- West Metro Learning Connections