An AuSM opportunity for students, para-professionals, teachers, and service providers. Make a difference this summer. As an AuSM camp counselor, you have the chance to:
- Achieve MDE professional competencies in Autism Spectrum Disorders. (Certificates with selected competencies will be available upon request.)
- Get valuable hands-on experience using structure, environmental supports, social stories, and individual communication systems.
- Earn graduate credits from Hamline University. Camp is also an opportunity for students to perform undergraduate internships.
- Apply to work any number of sessions you desire.
- Do it! As a camp counselor, you not only gain personal experience, you touch the lives of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder by providing a unique camp experience.
About AuSM Camp
- All meals and staff housing with modern quarters are provided (for residential camps only).
- Activities may include swimming, hiking, fishing, boating, crafts, nature, archery, horseback riding, and music therapy with a focus on social interaction and communication.
- Campers are divided into groups by age, gender, and interests.
- All sessions have program staff with a background in autism to assist the counselors.
AuSM Camp Applications
To download a Word document Camp Staff application, click here. Please note that this attachment should be opened in Word.
If the Word application isn't working, click here to download a pdf application.
Applicants also must complete and submit two additional pages of information. Click here to download these pages.