David S. Geslak, BS, ACSM-HFS, CSCS
January 23, 2015
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
1667 Snelling Ave. N.
St. Paul, MN 55108
About this Workshop
Coach Dave will teach you the structure, visual strategies and protocol to implement an effective autism exercise program. Whether you are a parent or professional you will leave with exercises and routines that can be immediately implemented in your home, center or classroom. Be ready to move and you will leave with the tools to transform lives.
Speaker handouts will be distributed to participants at the workshop.
- Identify the Five Components of Physical Fitness for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders©
- Understand the importance of visual exercise supports used in a school, therapeutic setting or home with individuals or in a small group.
- Learned structured exercise routines to help improve cardiovascular endurance and to reduce weight gain.
- Design two exercise stations using masking tape (Ladder and Letter Jumping).
- Teach a child with autism the Crossover March, Superman, and Wall Sit.
- Understand your role in leading an individual with autism to a physically active lifestyle.
AuSM Member: $65
Group Rate: $40 per participant for groups of 10 or more. Contact AuSM at 651.647.1083 ext. 19 to register your group.
Online registration is closed. Walk-in registrants are welcome.
About the Presenter
Founder and president of Exercise Connection,Coach Dave has become widely recognized in the autism community for his aᴀection to the community, dynamic presentations and for the pioneering of structured visual exercise programs. He has trained parents and professionals throughout the world on the Exercise Connection protocol, authored three books, hosts a TV show, “Coach Dave,” on The Autism Channel, and provides jobs for individuals with autism through his Champion Program. The autism and special needs community has enthusiastically embraced Dave’s message and is especially encouraged by his results.
AuSM Cancellation Policy
Notification of cancellation: If a workshop is cancelled or postponed, AuSM will attempt to notify you via phone, using the phone number provided with your registration. We also will post notice of cancellations and postponements on www.ausm.org.
Cancellation by program organizer: AuSM reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to low registrations or other circumstances that make the workshop non-viable. If AuSM cancels a workshop, registrants will be offered a full refund. If the workshop is postponed, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same workshop at the new, future date.