David S. Geslak, BS, ACSM-HFS, CSCS
January 23, 2015
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION IS COMING SOON!
About this Workshop
Coach Dave will teach you the structure, visual strategies and protocol to implement an effective autism exercise program. Whether you are a parent or professional you will leave with exercises and routines that can be immediately implemented in your home, center or classroom. Be ready to move and you will leave with the tools to transform lives.
- Identify the Five Components of Physical Fitness for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders©
- Understand the importance of visual exercise supports used in a school, therapeutic setting or home with individuals or in a small group.
- Learned structured exercise routines to help improve cardiovascular endurance and to reduce weight gain.
- Design two exercise stations using masking tape (Ladder and Letter Jumping).
- Teach a child with autism the Crossover March, Superman, and Wall Sit.
- Understand your role in leading an individual with autism to a physically active lifestyle.
About the Presenter
Founder and president of Exercise Connection,Coach Dave has become widely recognized in the autism community for his aᴀection to the community, dynamic presentations and for the pioneering of structured visual exercise programs. He has trained parents and professionals throughout the world on the Exercise Connection protocol, authored three books, hosts a TV show, “Coach Dave,” on The Autism Channel, and provides jobs for individuals with autism through his Champion Program. The autism and special needs community has enthusiastically embraced Dave’s message and is especially encouraged by his results.