The University of Minnesota is looking for individuals to participate in a research study designed to understand the relationship between the gut microbiome and brain development. Children with neurodevelopmental disorders are four times more likely to experience gastrointestinal symptoms, and this study aims to establish a link between gut health and neurodevelopment to potentially serve as a target for future treatment.
Who can participate:
- Children 1-3years old
- With or without a diagnosis of a neurodevelopmental disorder
Study participation includes:
- One 30-minute in-person meeting with one of our researchers
- Collection of a fecal sample from the child (often collected from diaper)
- Compensation with $20 gift card
The University of MN is conducting a research study to learn more about brain functioning in youth with specific neurobehavioral functioning disorders in youth, including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Tic Disorders/Tourette (TD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD); and their healthy peers.
Who can participate?
- Youth ages 8-17
- Youth with ASD, ADHD, OSD, or Tic Disorders/Tourette
- Youth without a neurodevelopmental disorder
What will happen if I decide to participate?
- Youth will complete several computer tasks that are designed like games. Parents would complete several paper questionnaires. (1 hour)
- Some youth will be offered the opportunity to complete additional computer tasks (up to 1 hour)
- Some youth will also be asked to return 6 months laterto completed additional computer tasks; their parents will also complete some paper questionnaires
- Participants are compensated for their time
- Free parking
Have you been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder? Do you want a chance to win Bose noise cancelling headphones AND a $15 gift card?
We thank you for your participation.
Please visit the link below to begin the survey:
Do you serve or support someone with ASD? We would love your feedback regarding important supports for adults on the spectrum.
You are invited to complete a brief survey assessing current and needed supports and services for young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in our community. The survey will take you approximately 15-30 minutes to complete. Your responses will be used to inform local service providers of needed supports and services for young adults with ASD, and may potentially lead to the development and provision of these services within your community! Please click this link to complete the survey: https://redcap.ahc.umn.edu/surveys/?s=P798MDTMH3
Please feel free to share this survey link with other individuals, families or professionals who are part of the ASD community and would be willing to share their experiences and feedback on this topic.
Thank you for your consideration!