Steps for Autism in Minnesota
REGISTER for the 20th Annual Steps for Autism in Minnesota
Steps for Autism in Minnesota
March 1, 2020 from 8:30-11 a.m.
Southdale Center, Edina
Join us for the 20th annual Steps for Autism in Minnesota, a community fundraiser featuring the state’s largest annual autism resource fair and the AuSM Flash Dash, an all ages and abilities quick walk. Steps for Autism will be held at Southdale Center from 8:30-11 a.m. on Sunday, March 1, 2020. 100% of dollars raised through Steps for Autism are tax deductible, stay local, and support programs and services that allow people affected by autism in Minnesota to grow and thrive.
NEW! Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous autism community supporter, all dollars raised during Steps for Autism will be doubled up to $20,000!
It’s easy to support programs and services for the local autism community:
1. Assemble your AuSM fundraising team (friends, family, teachers, co-workers, everyone in your network!).
2. Register and create your fundraising page on RunSignUp. Make sure you add the AuSM Flash Dash on to your registration!
3. Collect donations in support of AuSM’s programs and services.
4. Join us at Steps for Autism on March 1, 2020 for the autism resource fair, the AuSM Flash Dash, and many fun activities.
2020 Fundraising/Registration Prizes
- Those raising $250 or more by Jan. 31 will be entered into a drawing to win a one night stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina.
- Those who register for the AuSM Flash Dash powered by Accra by Feb. 21 will be entered into a drawing for a Family Adventure Prize Pack.
2020 Fundraising Incentive Prizes
Raise $100 to earn an AuSM Logo Mug
Raise $250 to earn an AuSM Scarf
Raise $500 to earn an AuSM Cribbage Board
Raise $1000 to earn Faribault Woolen Mill Winter Mittens
AuSM Flash Dash
Join us for the 4th Annual AuSM Flash Dash, a quick walk, stroll, or roll around the first floor of Southdale Center. All ages and abilities are welcome to participate, and registration dollars support programs and services for the local autism community. Registered Flash Dash finishers will receive medals from Accra, our generous sponsor, and bragging rights. Cost: $5 to participate. Click here to register for the AuSM Flash Dash!
Steps of Possibilities sponsored by Best Care
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Steps for Autism in Minnesota and our awesome autism community, AuSM will highlight stories of success from adults with autism. Stories and photos will be displayed on posters during Steps for Autism. Plan to check them out during the event and get inspired by these amazing individuals. Steps of Possibilities is sponsored by Best Care.
Steps for Autism in Minnesota Hotel - Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis
Rooms at the Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis are available for Steps for Autism participants who need lodging. This hotel is located at 3400 Edinborough Way, Edina, MN 55435. Contact Lynn Anfinson at the Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis at 952.893.9300 ext.146 to reserve your hotel room.
Become a sponsor of the 20th Annual Steps for Autism in Minnesota!
- Dollars raised support programs and services for the local autism community.
- 500+ participate in the self-paced walk around the second-floor resource tables.
- State’s largest autism resource fair with more than 60 vendors, features a passport for Silver+ sponsors.
- AuSM Flash Dash, a first-floor quick walk, will kick off the event, complete with medals for all participants.
For nearly half a century, the Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) has helped families and individuals with autism build a community that acts without judgment, searches for new possibilities, and connects us to each other. Dollars raised through Steps for Autism fund valuable programs and services that allow people affected by autism to grow and thrive. AuSM needs you to join us on our quest to help the Minnesota autism community.
As demand for scholarships for camp, social skills classes, trainings, and other educational events has increased, a portion of dollars raised during Steps for Autism also will go back to the Minnesota autism community through AuSM scholarships. Click here to learn more about AuSM scholarships.